There's a plan just for you, as a new member of Education Law Association. To join is so easy. And the benefits so plentiful. Interested?
Exclusive members-only pages and resources
Your premier source for education law textbooks and reference books
George Jay Joseph Nominations
Education Law Writing
Awarded at the ELA Annual Conference
New deadline: September 1, 2020
The purpose of this national competition is to generate increased interest in and recognition of education law among not only graduate students in education schools but also, in particular, to students in law schools. The winner of the competition will be recognized at the annual conference of the Education Law Association (ELA), and the manuscript will be published in the Journal of Law and Education.
Additionally, the winner will be invited to present on the topic of the article at the ELA annual conference and receive a commemorative plaque, a year’s membership in ELA, waiver of the registration fee for the annual conference, and national recognition via an ELA press release.
The subject matter must address one or more legal issues within any of the various contexts of education, including public and private K-12 schools and institutions of higher education, especially current and emerging issues in elementary and secondary public education.
• Double-spaced, with 12-point font and one-inch margins, with footnotes on each respective page (rather than at the end), carefully conforming to Blue Book citation style.
• Length: between 35 and 55 pages including the footnotes status.
• Material must not be previously published and not under review elsewhere for publication.
• Must be single-authored by a law student or a student in a graduate program in education.
• Doctoral dissertations are not eligible; they are subject to a different ELA award. However, manuscripts that synthesize dissertations may be submitted provided that they meet the specifications.
• The author must submit the manuscript via email (as an attachment in Word format) to the chair of the selection committee for the Joseph Award Committee.
E-mail us an attachment
Spambot Checkpoint: Non-human users keep out!